Role of Thymosin Alpha 1 as the immune enhancer in our bodies
Thymus gland plays a very important role in maintaining good health of our immune system that is pivotal for a healthy living. This is because it is the immune system that gives our body the capability to fight various diseases and infections caused by various microorganisms.
Our bodies need a healthy immune system more than ever in the current world situation where everyone is fighting a pandemic. People are resorting to various ways to ensure that their immune system is in top shape. Many natural herbs have gained popularity for the same reasons. However, we do not know how effective these products are in boosting immune system health.
Certain substances such as Thymosin Alpha 1 peptide have definitely shown a positive impact on the functioning of our thymus gland which is in turn responsible for production of T cell mediated immune response in our body.
What is Thymosin Alpha 1?
Thymosin Alpha 1 is a naturally occurring peptide that is made of short chains of amino acids in our body. T cells which are primarily involved in the immune system functioning in our bodies are stored and nourished in our thymus glands until maturity.
When the body signals a need for T cells such as during the course of an infection, Thymosin Alpha stimulates the thymus gland to release all the T cells that have attained maturity in order to generate an immune response and fight against the invading microorganism or their toxins.
Thus, this peptide plays a major role in the immune system modulator and can thus be used to improve the immune functioning of people in various disease conditions.
Thymosin Alpha 1 Benefits
As we have seen, this peptide is extremely important to govern the release of T cells from the thymus gland. Thymosin Alpha 1 benefits mostly revolve around this important function that it performs in our bodies.
Some of the key benefits provided by this peptide are:
- Increase the production of many types of immune markers such as T helper cells, interferon, IL-2, 7, 10 and 15, dendrite cells, macrophages, natural killer cells, and intracellular glutathione.
- Promotes beta cells differentiation.
- Helps our bodies in preventing the growth and removing unwanted cancer cells.
- Improves immune health not just in acute cases of infections but also to help us fight chronic conditions as well.
- Promotes the production of immune cells to fight against all kinds of microbial infections including fugal, bacterial, and viral infections.
- Suppresses growth of tumours and protects us against oxidative stress and damage.
- Ensures that the T cells that are released when there is an acute infection are healthy and effective.
- Removes unwanted cells and inhibits the viral replication in our organs as well.
- Enhances the effectiveness of vaccinations and helps our bodies in identifying the invading organisms faster before giving it a chance to replicate in the host cells.
Are you the right candidate for Thymosin Alpha 1 therapy?
Although we all have our natural store of these peptides in our bodies, the production of peptides goes dramatically down as we continue to age. Thus, we need external sources of peptides to fill the gap.
Peptides are considered very safe for almost everyone. However, you need to contact your health care professional to see if you need this therapy. Some of the reasons you could greatly benefit with this therapy are:
- If you are old and you suffer from a chronic illness as your normal stores of peptides are very low.
- If you suffer from chronic fatigue in general or secondary to a chronic illness such as Lyme disease or Hepatitis B.
- If you suffer from painful autoimmune conditions.
Do not try to self medicate though. Let your doctor decide what dosage and frequency of administration would work for you. This peptide can be administered through injections or as a simple to use nasal spray.
Not many risks or side effects have been listed with the use of this therapy apart from soreness that comes with taking regular injections. Also, note that peptide therapy is in no way aimed at treating a specific illness but can be used in conjunction with your existing treatment plan to fasten your healing and improve your body’s response against specific conditions.