Painting the walls of your home goes beyond making them look beautiful and new. The paint also protects the walls and structures from all the external factors of damage and erosion. It is essential for the longevity of the house.
Re-painting the house at the right time is as important. Many times, house owners delay the re-painting of their homes thinking that the walls do not look worn out or old enough or painting is a time-consuming process, or simply to save the money a re-painting job would require. However, delaying the paint job of the house can have potentially dangerous consequences for the property.
Let us take a look at some of these reasons.
- Damage from sunlight and ultraviolet rays: The ultraviolet rays of the sun can be damaging to the exterior walls, wood, and bricks. On prolonged exposure and the absence of a well-coated layer of paint, the walls and wood tend to dry out and crack. With time, these cracks may grow bigger, making way for moisture, dust, water, and other elements to enter through the walls. A good coat of quality paint protects the walls against such damage.
- Moisture damage: The build-up of moisture and dampness depends upon the area of the house. The painted exteriors also protect the walls from external natural factors like rain and snow. A worn-out paint condition can cause moisture and dampness to creep in and spread to the interior walls as well without one even noticing. Moisture damage is very hard to resurrect and can have health consequences such as triggering allergies and infections for the people living in the house as well.
- Termites and bugs: The infestation of termites and bugs in your house can be extremely unhealthy and a generally unwanted situation. Absence of the protection provided by an effective coat of good-quality paint and seeping in of various damages and can lead to an infestation of insects, bed bugs, and termites. It is very important to protect your property against such erosion, as it can lead to a lot of damage to the property, the house furniture, and to the health of the people living in the house.
- Peeling and chalking: A worn-out paint condition can make the walls of the house dull and make the house look dilapidated, unmaintained, and untidy. Not repainting the house when required can eventually lead to cracking and peeling of the walls. Whether it is the living room wall painting, or external walls, cracking and peeling is never pleasing to the eye and is a problem that only increases with time, spoiling the areas around it. Re-painting the house at the right time can help prevent it.
- Higher cost: One may delay a paint job to save money but procrastinating the paint job of your house is only going to cost you more in the long run. With the damages that occur with time, repainting the house will require preparing it first. This will include the usage of more materials to make repairs and removing the old, worn-out paint and can be more time-consuming and will require more money than painting it on time would.
Aapka Painter is one such service provider offering end-to-end painting solutions. You can schedule a visit and our qualified engineers will guide you with all your requirements, whether it be for exterior wall paints to wall designs for bedroom.
Re-painting the house on time is the best step you can take to maintain your property and ensure its longevity. It is always helpful to hire a professional to look into the condition of the house and do the paint job with the right quality of paint.